Thursday, March 22, 2012

Err on the side of Justice.



State of Florida...
You need to change your gun laws.

Would the Neighborhood Watch 
Shoot me
too?




I think Yes.

We all have the right to defend ourselves, 
but there is the issue of competency... 
Not everyone is competent,
or for that matter... stable.


The police department did not adequately handle the fatal shooting last month of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Martin was shot February 26 while walking to the house of his father's fiancee after a trip to a convenience store. George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch leader, said he shot the 17-year-old in self-defense.

Zimmerman has not been arrested. Police say they have not charged Zimmerman because they have no evidence to contradict his story that he shot in self-defense, leading to a new debate over a controversial state law.

(And now you know why I say, "If you're gonna shoot someone, make sure you kill them." That way there is only one side of the story...)

Florida's deadly force law, also called "stand your ground," allows people to meet "force with force" if they believe that there is danger of serious harm to themselves or someone else. - CNN

I'm not a fan of "Stand your ground"

I would much prefer to see a:

"Keep your distance"
"Don't touch my shit" 
and 
"Get the fuck outta my house". 


But even if it were me that killed someone in "self defense", 
I would expect there to be at least a trial... 
For no other reason than to determine my competency. 

To say there are no witness' is ridiculous. 

There are always witness'. 

Character Witness', physical evidence and background checks
... Start there.



There should be a trial. 

The trial should be for Murder.

You can't just kill someone and walk.

If there is an Err,

Let the Err be on the side of Justice.




Sincerely,
The Bad Man

No comments:

Post a Comment