Friday, June 17, 2011

Camping LA Style....

Glamping!!
El Capitan..
http://www.elcapitancanyon.com/

  
  I'm glamping... 
Hour and a half drive north of Los Angeles....

I'm glamping! 
Looking down at the top of trees...

I'm cold, cold Glamping!!

Completely over-packed...

Good thing I drive the worlds most hated vehicle...

Hell Yeah.
 Bad Man Style
For real.
Over mountains, through rivers, across deserts....
When the Hummer ain't full of tools, 
 it's full of kids.


 
Day 1 
At this moment:
Dinner Table...




It's now 10pm.
The wife, the kids, the other glampers.. all sleeping.

Sitting in front of a fire... listening to the Blues. 

It's coming from my iPhone as I type this...
Gotta admit.

It's pretty cool.


I keep hearing Flava Flav...

I'm glamping, I'm glamping! I'm cold, cold Glamping!!


Wife and kids passed out in the cabin.
Whittled a branch with my switchblade.... 

Tomorrow, I'll teach the boys how to fish..


Day 2
Didn't catch anything but had fun tryin'...

Ha!!
A skunk just walked up to me...
It was cute. 
Just turned the music up slowly.
The sound made him move back and let him know I was here. 

See? That's how nature works.
It coulda been a Mountain Lion
or one of them Black Bears  from the state flag...



In the city...




Nothing gets that close.


Ever. 

Sign says: There are bears and mountain lions... be safe, be prepared...
.....Check. 
Packed a switchblade, 2 machetes and a glock. 


Skunk left awhile ago... 
I've been staring at the stars and scratching my nuts...

Fucking heavenly.

Fires out, gonna climb onto an air mattress with my 3yo.
He's a Lil' bad ass. Lil' chip off the ol' BadMan block...

Tomorrow...  loose the training wheels on the bike. 


Day 3
Colds all around....

Lost the training wheeles...
Video to come...


The Beach Day...


Day 4

Long Live the Dutch!
Just joking.....

This is nice, but..... 

We can be home by 10pm if we leave now!


All in all.....
Nature
Family got closer...
Fun was had...
Experiences were good.


I'm glamping, I'm glamping! I'm cold, cold Glamping!!



And still I wonder. 

Why do I ever leave the house?



 

Cheers,
The Bad Man

No comments:

Post a Comment