Monday, June 27, 2011

Ghosts Pt1


Talk about opening a can of:
Goddamn Worms…

My Son comes to me and says,
“What are ghosts?  Are ghost real?”

“Sure but not really the way you think”, I say
“… I think people are made of  energy”.

My kid said nothing…
We listened to the night….
Crickets...



Definition From:  Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

 Ghosts
In traditional belief, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person 
or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. 
This pict was taken in 1978. In a Haunted Toy's r' Us store.
The ladies sitting down are employees.
The Guy standing up... He's a ghost.

Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely: 
The mode of manifestation can range from an invisible presence 
to translucent or wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions. 
The deliberate attempt to contact the spirit of a deceased person 
is known as necromancy, or in separatism as a seance.

I’ve seen at least 3 for sure.  I feel them all the time.
It was a dark rainy night in Germany.  
I must have been 9.  My Mom was stationed at Baumholder Military Base. 
We lived in Germany for many years, never on the bases though.
We lived in the towns with the local people.  
One night my mom is driving us home… Her then boyfriend, Bill was in the front seat 
and I was in the middle, in the back. Lots of local roads in Germany wind
their way up and down the mountainous countryside and narrowly wind 
around cliff-sides and over bridges. 
Tonight was just another rainy night except for the lightening….
Awesome lightening flashes lighting up the land around us as we drove.

We rounded the corner and KA-BAM!!  We all saw what happened.

My mom freaked out… 

Bill, in a panic, tried to figure out the next move….

I yelled, “MOM!! YOU JUST RAN THAT OLD LADY OVER!!”


Fuck.  My mom has hit a cow.  My mom has hit a deer.
Hell, my mom came home one day… There was a dead owl on the front grid of our car….
Now, add the old lady to the list... Fuck.  

Mom’s a wreck and I can't drive yet, so Bill backs the car up… 


There’s no one there.   

Nothing.  

Not a trace.

  
Ghosts and the Afterlife

Although the human soul was sometimes symbolically or literally 
depicted in ancient cultures as a bird or other animal, it was widely 
held that the soul was an exact reproduction of the body in every feature, 
even down to clothing the person wore. 
This is depicted in artwork from various ancient cultures, 
including such works as the Egyptian Book of the Dead
which shows deceased people in the afterlife appearing much as they did before death, 
including the style of dress.

 
Let me tell you about….. The Attic.

My friend and his mom had been living in this old house since I known him.
His Dad had passed or left or something.  I can’t remember.
His Mom asked to bring the boxes down from the attic.  So we did.
We’d been up and down the stairs at least ten times bore things stared happen.

We were down to a few boxes and very large board that leaned against windowless wall.
I remember the windowless part well.  We had to tune the light on just to see the stairs…

We both grabbed a box and headed for the stairway…
Halfway down the light bulb slowly gets brighter and brighter.
Then it blow out and we were in blackness.

We made our way to the bottom and didn’t think much of it.  We didn’t spook easily.
My friend changed the light bulb and we went back up…

He grabbed one end of the big board against the wall. I grabbed the other. 
We moved it about 3 inches before we dropped the board and started screaming like bitches!
There was a fucking coffin.

We rocketed to the stairway… The light bulb started to go bright again… It exploded.

My friend and I ran outta that house so fucking fast… never went back.

I don’t know if there was anyone inside that coffin….
I can say, there was something I that attic!



Haunted house
A place where ghosts are reported is described as haunted, and often seen as being inhabited by spirits of deceased who may have been former residents or were familiar with the property.
Supernatural activity inside homes is said to be mainly associated with violent or tragic events in the building's past such as murder, accidental death, or suicide — sometimes in the recent or ancient past.  But not all haunting’s are at a place of a violent death, or even on violent grounds. Many cultures and religions believe the essence of a being, such as the 'soul', continues to exist.

Soul = energy = ghost… That’s how I see it.
The Human Body just a container for the Human Soul.

Some philosophical and religious views argue that the 'spirits' of those who have died have not 'passed over' and are trapped inside the property where their memories and energy are strong.


In one breathe, my son says:

“Butwhenpeopledieweburytheminacemeteryandthentheyturnintoghosts?”

Hmm.
I’ve been to Blood Cemetery. 
 I know what happened was real… for me and the 10 other kids.

"...Sometimes.” I said.



Ghosts at Blood Cemetery
Hollis, NH
A summary by Fiona Broome and the Hollow Hill staff ©2005


"Blood Cemetery" is the local name for Pine Hill Cemetery in Hollis, near Nashua, NH. 
That nickname refers to the ghost of Abel Blood, who supposedly haunts the graveyard.
Urban legends claim occult connections to Abel Blood. However, history portrays him as a solid, very Christian and philanthropic member of the community. We have no reason to believe otherwise.

Whoever (or whatever) haunts Blood Cemetery... it's probably not Abel Blood.

Pine Hill Cemetery (aka "Blood Cemetery") is a lovely place to visit, but it doesn't have a dramatically "haunted" feeling that we find at other ghostly sites.   However, it is haunted and we recommend this cemetery for daytime ghost hunting.

Here are just a few of the very Gothic inscriptions on headstones at the Blood Cemetery:

From the headstone of Mrs. Rebecca Alexanders
Died 24 Nov 1799:

Behold my friends as you pass by
As you are now so once was I
As I am now you soon must be
Prepare for death and follow me

From the headstone of Caleb Farley
Died 17 Jul 1810:

Friends and Physicians could not save
My mortal body from the grave
Nor can the grave confine me here
When Christ shall call me to appear

From the headstone of Caleb Farleys' wife, Abigail
Died 14 Dec 1819:

What though our inbred sins require
Our flesh to see the dust
Yet as the Lord our Savior rose
So all his followers must


Thank you Fiona Broome for the summation.  Now let me tell you what really happened…

Halloween Night 1984.
I was 17.  The night was gusty, the moon was close to full if not close to being full.  It hadn’t showed yet. But it was wicked cold out… especially around midnight.

I remember there were a lot of us, all seniors in High School…  

Three cars… filled?   10–15 kids.  One Ouija board…

Long story short.

We were there maybe 10 minutes.  We put the board oh the flattest tombstone we could find.  We all noticed the wind pick up. The clouds gave way to moonlight  and we all aw the Ouija board very clearly.

We asked the board who was touching it… It started to move, We all had a finger on it and  we swore none of us were making it move…

 
It spelled out:  D-U-C-K-Y

We all laughed a bit, till we realized that one of our friends was horrified and crying.   It was “K” a sturdy kid, good guy and never really scared… ever.

All of us were like, “What’s going on? Why are freaking out?!”

Just then, the clouds covered the moon and we were in near pitch-black darkness.  The wind STOPPED BLOWING all together.  You could hear one of the other kids pissing in their pants…

“K” said, “My mother called me “Ducky” till I was 9 years old….

Now you could hear the rest of us pissing and shitting ourselves.

This is no joke, no made up fiction… This shit happened next.

A voice that was none of ours and seemingly from all around us… no doubt it was not a nice voice said,

“ Leave here now or you will die.”

I turned to my friends to say, “Did you…”, but they were already running!
I never seen so many white kids move so fast. 

It was like the Devil himself was behind us…

I’ll just leave it at that.

Except for one last thing…

That house, the one where we found the coffin in the attic….  It was “K’s” house.



 
True shit.
Cheers,
The Bad Man







No comments:

Post a Comment